Tuesday, February 16, 2010

*Sigh* Really? I mean REALLY!?

I'm not a very confrontational person. I won't walk up to you assume a "Chuck Norris" pose and act like I'm going to actually do something. I keep to myself, I'm quiet, I speak to my neighbors and keep out of trouble in general. Okay, okay, I can be snarky and a bit smart assed but OVERALL I'm pleasant.

But this parking situation, it's made me a completely different person.

My fiance and I dug out my car a total of three times during the last two storms. Each time working in shifts until my car was free of snow and ice. And when we had to leave, we didn't "mark" our spot in any kind of way. I mean we figured if you live in the neighborhood and you're trying to park, you OBVIOUSLY dug out a spot that is no longer available so you're parking in the next thing smoking.

But Brightwood, we've gotten ugly. Lawn chairs? Really? Construction Zone cones? Really? I even saw a parking spot that my fiance dug out to free his car occupied with chairs. This person didn't even put in the real work, yet they claim it. *kanye shrug*

Today I came out to see a note and a piece of Tupperware on my car while I was on my way to attend class. I don't write notes and place them on peoples car so I was intrigued to say the least. "I can't believe you took my spot. I paid to have this spot dug out. I have no where to park."

Que? This said taken spot is not yours as you put it. It's on a very public street in a very condensed residential area. But, okay it's your spot. There were no cones or chairs blocking said spot. I'm not psychic, I don't know this is your spot, as you put it. I saw an open space. I pulled in, I parked I walked down the street to my home and closed the door. I don't appreciate the note. I don't appreciate the passive aggressiveness of it. I hope you really don't think I enjoy lugging my entire contents of my portfolio through un-shoveled sidewalks and over epically high snow piles. If I could park closer to my home, I would. But I can't, so I won't.

We're all pissed off and annoyed at this point, I know but let's focus that negative energy on something positive. Things like-food, electricity and shelter during this extremely bogus winter.

Spring is right around the corner! I hope you'll put your cones and chairs away by then.

xoxo,
2B

P.S. We've called 311 on all of you. Just an FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment