Monday, February 15, 2010

Let's Stop this Chair Shit

One of the reasons why I like Brightwood is because it feels like a community. Residents typically are friendly and neighborly. But this past week of snow has shown me a totally different side of the neighborhood I've grown to enjoy.

Let's be clear, marking "your" parking spot with lawn furniture, filched parking cones, and whatever else your creativity devises (I even saw a sawhorse) is illegal. Not to mention just wrong. If you haven't noticed, there isn't assigned parking on public streets. As long as I have a Ward 4 sticker, I have the right to park on any inch of the neighborhood, irregardless if you felt inspired to drag out the patio furniture.

One resident put it best in his observation that Brightwood is very much a residential community. There isn't nightlife or other venues that would attract a lot of visitors. Which means the person trying to find a parking spot had to dig out their car as well. Therefore you're not special.

Traffic sucks, the grocery store is insane, and cabin fever has set in. But do we really need to add to it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment