Sunday, August 23, 2009

Shopping Green!



Today I was invited to an Au Revoir Summer Sale by TranquiliT by the Daily Green Diva herself Dawnia Bell! TranquiT was saying “goodbye” to summer with an awesome sale and “hello” to fall with a preview of all the eye catching greens, luscious blues and sweet lavender wrap dresses, cardi-shawls and much more. The owner Kim Wilson along with her fabulous assistant thoroughly answered all of our questions and soothed concerns about fit and style while serving fresh fruit and lemonade. The fall pieces weren’t available for sale quite yet but from what I saw I’ll have to save a few dollars (or show up with my fiancés AMEX) and get some key pieces for fall! Dawnia tried on several pieces including a black skirt pant (very popular amongst local belly dancers), a slate grey dress and purchased another cardi-shawl in black. I’m a scarf fanatic so I bought one in a tempered fuchsia and I’m already thinking of the many way’s to wear it as well as keeping my eye on the electric blue one as well. (Crosses fingers it will still be available in a few weeks!) Did I mention this line was green!?!? I didn't! Each piece is made of bamboo fabric and therefore it's highly sustainable and able to be worn for years! Talk about bang for your buck!

I have to appreciate the green movement in DC. Everyone is trying to do something, anything to be sustainable and improve the lives of others as well as themselves. We’ve stopped buying bottled water in our house as well as cutting down on using paper towels. We try to only use one car when possible and since we’re walking distance from the local Safeway we’re looking into buying a collapsible shopping car to take on our trips instead of loading up our trunk. I started working out at home instead of driving to the Bally’s in Wheaton.

Sorry to be preachy but we can all do our part no matter how big or small it makes a difference!

See you around Brightwood!

2B

1 comment: